Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Mennagalal
My Device: Bold 9780

how to reinstall the same blackberry software version again

Hallo ,

i Have an issue with my blackberry handset turning it self off and as iam a technician frokm what it's doing i can say it's a software faliure , whenever i'm trying to install the software from Desktop manager it says it's no updates available .. i don't want to update i just want to reinstall

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: how to reinstall the same blackberry software version again

Hi Mennagalal

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Yes you can Reload the same Device Software , Check this Knowledge Base for further Help:

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Or

KB29847 : BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.

But first Do your device backup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz
My Device: Bold 9900

did you try downloading the OS of the device and upgrading through C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe

JohnPiz wrote:

did you try downloading the OS of the device and upgrading through C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe

Hi johnPiz 

Go through those above mentioned  Knowledge base it has all the information ,it will allow reload as well as Updating our device Software. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Mennagalal
My Device: Bold 9780

Thank you for this .. i just did the above what should i do next ?
Elite II
prince2012

Mennagalal wrote:
Thank you for this .. i just did the above what should i do next ?

Hi Mennagalal

If you have updated / reloaded your device software then restore your data from the backup.But do a selective restore i;e restore only contacts and calender entries. If problem doesn't appear install one app at a time to see if any application is responsible for the problem you have.

KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file