Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

how to transfer the phonebook+sms

Dear sir,

i have lost my old bb 9780 and there was loads of data in it. now i have gt a new bb 9780 and now  i m trying to take the back up from my old blackberry protect user id  ...but whnevr i clicking on back up .. i m recieving a

""""msg BlackBerry® Protect can regularly back up data from your device and restore this data to your current device or to a new device. To use BlackBerry Protect, the BlackBerry Protect application must be installed and configured on your device. """"""""

now whnevr i have connected frm pc to my new bb 9780. i m nt able to take the back up..

so plz help me n tell me how do i take the all the back up frm my old blackberry protect user id to new user id,..

regards

vishal khullar

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how to transfer the phonebook+sms

Hello,

You don't...you need to sign into the same BB ID credentials on this replacement device. Since you have already associated this device to a new BB ID, you need to WIPE this device so as to change the BB ID over to the prior one, so as to have access to your backup source from which to restore. But, please carefully review ALL of these KBs first...if you do the process wrongly, you will wipe out your prior backups...

• KB31489 BlackBerry Protect for BlackBerry smartphones does not display any backup files to restore
  • KB25063 How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

If you don't have Protect installed, you should be able to obtain it from AppWorld.

vishalmohankhullar wrote:

now whnevr i have connected frm pc to my new bb 9780. i m nt able to take the back up..

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything...Protect and the Desktop Software are complete separate, so I'm not following what that has to do with your current situation.

Anyway, please do as above...and be very careful.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code