Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
5chil
My Device: 9900

in OS 7.1, how can I make application notification not show in Messages?

hi Guys, I want to know how can I make application notification not show in Messages?

For example, someone send me a fackbook messaage, so there will be a little icon in the middle of notificaiton area. I like that, which let me know that I have a facebook message.

But, at the meantime, it will also be shown in the messages, which I do not want.

How can I make a application notification only show a little icon in the notification area, while not show in the messages.

Thanks everybody.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: in OS 7.1, how can I make application notification not show in Messages?

The red BlackBerry "spark" will show on your Notifications Bar when you have a message.  Because it's showing that a message is received, this same notification will also show in your Messages folder.  I looked at my son's phone (which is running OS 6 and not OS 7.1 like yours) and the only messages you can filter in your Messages folder are email accounts and text messages.  I can't remember if that's been changed in OS 7.1 but if not, any notification on the Notifications Bar will also be included in the Messages folder.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
5chil
My Device: 9900

Re: in OS 7.1, how can I make application notification not show in Messages?

So basically, what you mean is that my question can not been solved................................................