Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
P3wan
My Device: blackberry 9790

interent email setup

Hi... I'm using blackberry bold 9790 and i just want to know how to setup internet email account without using blackberry massenger???
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: interent email setup

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

See this KB:

• KB15499 How to set up a BlackBerry Internet Service email address from the BlackBerry smartphone

There is no requirement to use BBM in conjunction with email. There is, however, a requirement to have an adequate BB-level data service from your operator in order to use either email or BBM (and other BB-proprietary services). Lacking a proper data account, neither BBM nor email (nor others) will function.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
P3wan
My Device: blackberry 9790

i follow the steps but it didn't work "your device had a problem connecting to the server" what is mean???
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Of the 10/11 steps in that KB, you've left me to guess exactly which one failed for you...but this KB might be useful:

• KB32866 Error "Your device had a problem connecting to the server" is displayed when attempting to integrate an email account in the Email Setup application

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code