Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
locl103
My Device: Torch 9860

Re: lock button does not work after update

I have the same problem on my BB Torch 9860 software bundle 7.1.  I downgraded to software version 7.0 and the lock feature works now.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

do I understand correctly?
this is an issue with this 7.1 OS.

@ Cpt_sweatpants
what is you opinion on this? Is there an upcoming KB about it?

I have another friend with this issue on 7.1 on a 9900. I do not have the exact OS version, and have just asked him to try the downgrade process (not sure if he'll accept, though).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
locl103
My Device: Torch 9860

I might have been hasty when I reported that downgrading from OS V.7.1 to 7.0 resolved the lock button not working problem.  It appeared to have done the trick but I noticed the next day that the problem had resurfaced. 

After I had originally upgraded to OS 7.1 I downloaded 3 free applications to my BB (2 games and a flashlight app). 

I uninstalled the three applications while still running 7.0 and the lock button starting functioning properly and has been for the last 2 weeks.  

Today I upgraded to 7.1 again and the lock button appears to still function as it should.  It could be possible that the applications I loaded after upgrading where the root cause of the issue.  

If the lock button status changes on my BB over the next 24 hours I'll update the post again.