If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
merrymargaret
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

locked out

i installed blackberry protect a couple of years ago on my 9900.  today, i had to remove the SIM to test it on another phone.  when i booted up i was locked out and darned if i can remember that old password.  it also is not accepting my "forgot password" answers   i've tried several versions of caps lock to see if that was the proplem but no luck  

typing this on playbook that can connect still  

anyone have any ideas or is wiping the only option  i backed up just morning with desktop software   if the phone gets wiped will this backup reinstall the OS and be the same as this morning?

help pls  :Helpsmilie:

Regards,
Merry Me with my Black-Berry
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: locked out

I think you'll be looking at a complete wipe if you can't remember your password. Reloading the OS you have as a backup will put your phone to the exact state it was in prior to you forgetting your password.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
merrymargaret
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: locked out

Thank you for your response.

I wiped the phone and then restored from the latest backup.  It has not completely restore.  None of my pictures or videos have returned.  It does not show the two drives that usually pop up on the computer's explorer either so I can't do a drag and drop.  I haven't sync'd my media from my computer as I have far too much to put on the phone but can cut and paste if I had a "drive' to paste too.  I tried a 2nd restore and told it to skip files that were already on the phone but that didn't work either.

I just tried to see an xls file and it says it is not valid, and a .pdf and again not valid. Not valid MS Excel 97-2008 file and similar for the pdf, error opening - it may not be a valid .pdf file.  Any idea why this is happening?

this is really disheartening.

:Helpsmilie:

Regards,
Merry Me with my Black-Berry
Please use plain text.