Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
donmac29
My Device: bold 9900

loss of signal

i've the bold 9900 and at least once an hour my phone loses all signal and i've to reset my phone to bring signal back. i've took my phone back to factory settings restalled software updated etc and nothing works. anyone no whats wrong any help would be great thank you

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: loss of signal

I would try a new sim card. If that doesn't fix it I'd look at getting warranty service from Vodafone on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
donmac29

i've had a new sim and tired other sims and the same thing happened. i got my phone on payg so is it still possible to go to vodafone thank you
New Contributor
donmac29

i've had a new sim and tired other sims and the same thing happened. i got my phone on payg so is it still possible to go to vodafone thank you

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

You'd need to go to wherever you purchased the device. If you're using it unlocked on another carrier that can get a bit sticky. If neither carrier will help you then your only option is to contact RIM support directly ($50 per incident.) That's the trouble with taking a device off it's original network during the warranty period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
donmac29

how do i get in touch with them i'm in the uk

Guru I
John_Clark

For direct RIM support:

http://uk.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.html
New Contributor
donmac29

thank you i will try that