Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
vascomaya
My Device: bold 9700

lost contacts info

Hello,

I made a mistake when configuring the BB desktop software on my wife´s bb bold 9700, while following the initial  instructions i replaced the contacts, calender, notes and tasks on the device from the data (blank ) from the mac, and lost everything.....

Is there any way to recover it ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: lost contacts info

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Do you've Backup file?

Always remember to back up your phone before any upgrades to avoid things like this for happening!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vascomaya

Hello,

No, i had no back up !

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

without a backup file you won't be able to recover your info do you know how to back up your device?

About backing up and restoring device data

If you have installed the BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your computer, you can back up and restore most of your BlackBerry device data, including messages, organizer data, fonts, saved searches, and browser bookmarks using the backup and restore tool of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. For more information, see the Help in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
If your email account uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, you might be able to restore synchronized organizer data to your device over the wireless network. To restore synchronized organizer data over the wireless network, you must have an activation password. For more information, contact your administrator.
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software. Maintaining a current backup file on your computer might allow you to recover device data if your device is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vascomaya

Thanks for your help....

Please use plain text.