Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sporty
My Device: 9700

mail account icon

Hello,

I have the BB Bold 9700 with OS6 and I am unable to launch the mail account icon in setup. My mail is working; however, I an unable to go in and change any settings, add an account, etc... I have seen similar posts, but I didn't see any that mentioned that the mail was still working.

History: I received an e-mail from blackberry indicating that my device was no longer receiving  mail/ syncing, then my service books were deleted, then my service provider had BB push new service books to my device since everytime they tried it failed. They also had to re-set my account by entering my hotmail password on the BES server. I then started receiving mail, I still cannot use the icon. I see it, but I cannot use it.... 

Thanks,

J

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: mail account icon

Hi sporty and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I'm a little confused about entering your Hotmail password on the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server). Can you clarify this for me?

Also, if you could send me your PIN via Private Message, I can take a look into your services to make sure everything is setup correctly.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
sporty

Sorry, I am really new here, so are you with BB support, why can't you post on the regular board, and what do you mean by send you my PIN via private msg? Don't I need your PIN for this???

I was on the phone wilth Bell tech support, who was on the phone with BB support, who insisted that the only way to resolve the issue was to have them enter my password on their server.
New Contributor
sporty

I figured it out, and sent it to you...
New Contributor
sporty

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants

Yes, I am with technical support. Sending me your PIN will allow me to check and verify your services are configured correctly. :smileyhappy:

I see your services are setup for BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Browsing only. I'm still a little confused on why you needed to update your password on the BES?

I have also sent your Service Books to your device, so you can try accessing the email setup again.

Thanks

-CptS

New Contributor
sporty

Hello, sadly I still cannot access the mail account icon ( and I have powered the device down including removing the battery).

I previously had access to this icon and now I don't, I have spent hours on the phone with tech support, and had the service books sent and resent several times to no avail. I am getting my hotmail pushed to my BB sucessfully (for now); however, I cannot update any settings or change the account if I wanted to.... When you say I have internet service and browsing only does this mean I shouldn't be getting my mail pushed. I.e. I shoun't have an internet mail account associated with my device?
Thank you,
J
New Contributor
sporty

I found someone withthe same problem (different service provider). Doesn't look like they have a problem resolution either..

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB-Bold-9700-upgraded-to-6-0-Bundle-2921-v6-0...

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants

Are you activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server? If so, its possible you may have an IT Policy blocking access.  Go into Options>Security Options>Security Status Information to see if there is an IT Policy listed.

Thanks.

-CptS