Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

rajhans
My Device: Not Specified

malicious software...

I am very interested in new Blackberry BOLD. I would like to know Do blackberry BOLD opens corrupted files during internet browsing? Or like most of the Motorola's phones, BOLD is totally safe against MMS and downloads which contains malicious software? Anybody has an idea?

Regards,

RAJHANS

Developer
javec

Re: malicious software...

Hello and welcome!

What do you mean by corrupted files? A virus?

It does not have a built in virus-software. But as far as I know there is no know virus for the Bold. It's a save device.

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

Thanks for reply.

Yes I am asking about virus. S60 OS can get affect by viruses. Motorola’s LINUX OS I assume quite safe and you can brows web site on MOTOs with out any fear. Because once Motorola told me that Motorola phones do not open corrupted files. Good news for a people like me who use internet frequently on cell phones.

As you told BOLD is safe against virus. So I would like to know only BOLD is safe against virus or total BB OS which is in every BB mobile phone.

Have you heard or faced virus problem with BB mobiles in past?

Regards,

RAJHANS

Thanks for reply.

Developer
viverant
My Device: You wish.

If your BB is tied to a BES you have infinite control over malware that could find their way onto the BB. See the following link for details on how to lock it down:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/ataglance/security/it_policy.jsp#it4

If you are not on a BES you have to rely on general education and things like common sense to not load malware on your BB.

Malware is the only security thread that can affect a BlackBerry as far as I am aware of.