Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Carrier: Bell

media card & BB's in general

I can't find my old post about this but still finding it a problem on all our BlackBerry cell's & not sure how to fix.  Still seeking a solution.

Without being aware of when it happens, the device stops recognizing there is a media card inserted. 

Have to turn the device off, open it up, pull out the media card, put it back in & turn cell back on.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?

TIA

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Re: media card & BB's in general

I tried to Explore the media card today & I see it's happened again. So, I'll have to turn off the cell, pull out the card, reinstert it & turn on.

Must be something wrong with the blackberry cells.  Should be warning people about this flaw.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback

Hey Towngirl_04,

When you have this issue are you receiving an error message when you select the media folder? Also In the Media Folder, If you press the Menu Key and go to Explore, do you see the Media card?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

"When you have this issue are you receiving an error message when you select the media folder? Also In the Media Folder, If you press the Menu Key and go to Explore, do you see the Media card?"

No specific error message.  It does tell me "no media card inserted" or something similar.  This is how I go check if it's stopped recognizing it again. 

At these times, no I cannot Explore the media card.  I have to shut down cell, take out media card, reinsert, turn back on. Then it works again until for some unknown reason, it stops & I am unaware until I try to either access it or take vid or do anything where I have set my default to Goto or Save to media card.

When it's working, & being recognized, I can Explore media card. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

Is there anyone that knows why this is happening?  And how to stop it?  IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!

As I wait for the cell to turn back on as the cell stopped recognizing my card (AGAIN), I again had to shut down, open the back, take out the card, put it back in & wait for it to turn on & oh what do you know? There is.. it can now recognize the media card.

WHY DOES BLACKBERRY CELL (ALL OURS.  2 BOLD'S 9900 & 1 9360) DO THIS?

Very annoying! 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

There is something seriously wrong with the Blackberry Bold 9900 and the media card!!  Perhaps because the card is vertical & the phone is usually vertical, it slowly slips out of place until the phone can no longer detect that it's there. There should be something to hold the media card from slipping down. 

Every third day or so, the phone stops recognizing the media card.  I have to shut it down, pull off the skin, pull off the cover which isn't easy to do for me, open the back, pull out the battery, & since the media card is in place already, I have to take it out & then put it back in.  THEN put the battery back in, put the cover back on, put the skin back on, & turn on & wait..................... for it to finally come on.

SO ANNOYING

I just did this the other day (& a few days before that. - & a few days before that.  -& a few days before that. etc.) & IT'S STOPPED READING IT AGAAAAAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN GR

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I believe the contact between the electric pads and the media card are not consistent.
next time, insert the media card with a thin sheet of paper to its back, so that it creates pressure on the sdcard towards the electric pads.

I too prefer how the sdcards were held in previous devices (some event had a small pastic lock that slits in the side of the card, can't beat the 8900)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

I'm not sure how you mean for me to use a piece of paper?  Do I leave it in there?

I think the side is probably a better option. I'm sick of this happening as regularly as it does.

One thing which I know contributes to it, but is not the entire problem, is when I put the phone on my dash on one of those "sticky" cell holders.  While driving, I think it jiggles out of place because the phone is in a fairly up right position in my car at this time & the media card is being pulled or jiggled down by gravity, while driving.  However, this is not entirely the problem as I've only had this cell holder in my car for a couple of weeks but the problem with the card not being recognized begin immediately after I got the phone.

& it happens to my son on his Curve, too; not as frequently, though as it does on my Bold 9900.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

towngirl_04 wrote:

I'm not sure how you mean for me to use a piece of paper?  Do I leave it in there?

yes. If I had this issue, I would go as far as using some tape to stick the paper to the back of the sdcard.

or a "post it" cut to fit the card.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

If I can co-ordinate that with the thin piece of paper, I'll try it!
Please use plain text.