Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

PCGeek
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: micro sd card not working/formatted? :s

Buy an adapter here: www.newegg.com  :smileyhappy:   They have them for about 10-15 bucks w/free shipping  ... also multi format , so they will read SD,Micro, Memory sticks, etc ... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kratrz
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

or ebay for 1$

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bgdc123
My Device: none yet
My Carrier: school

oh I thought they were really expensive! thank you!

So that would definitely work? 

I can use an adapter on macbook?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kratrz
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

i'm not a mac user so i can't really have any input on it.

my assumption is that it should still be fine as long as macs have usb ports ahah (which i think they do, shows how little about macs i know)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bgdc123
My Device: none yet
My Carrier: school

haha oh right, of course. so I just stick it in my Usb port.. 

sounds easy enough, thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.
youshaan10
My Device: bold 9700

hi, Since i bought my bold 9700, I upgraded the sd card to an 8 gig. that pas 6 month or it has worked fine, havnt had the slightest problem. However a couple days ago, while trying to listen to some music, i see everything has been wiped out and the device wont recognise the sd card. funny enough this happened to a friend who has the same phone a couple days before. i tried to insert it original 2 gig that came with the phone but in vain! i have also tried to format the 8 gig through my laptop but even then it wont recognise the card. however the 2 gig is recognisable. My assumption is that the memory card reader on the phone is not working properly, can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
xHonorx
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: koodo

Hi there. I have a blackberry curve 9300, and this process to reach the "Format" button does not exist :/ My boyfriend had taken out my micro SD card and reformatted it on his android and lost all my music, and when i put it back in my device, no matter how many time i reset it or expand the memory or search my phone thoroughly in the Storage and Media section, there is NEVER a format option after pressing the menu key :/ all i get is "Switch Application, Call Voice Mail,Save,Help and Close" option even while i am in the storage catagory. enable compression is check boxed and so is Media Card Support. it says there is 36.8MB of free space but below it says exactly "A media card is not presently inserted in the device" YESS IT IS INSERTED RIGHT lol. Help me out if you can? 

thnx

Please use plain text.