Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
polybend
My Device: Bold 9790

missing data. contacts and unable to send emails

It just happened. tried to send an email and it registered as no with a red cross. Then I had a look at my contact list but couldn't open that either. so I can't see if I now have contacts or not. Tried a couple of restores but no joy. Anyone else had this problem ?

All the best Den

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: missing data. contacts and unable to send emails

Hello polybend

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First advice is a Battery pull restart , do it by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back . After reboot please check if you're able to access your address book . If problem persists then  please let us know in detail what exactly happened or you're doing just before this problem started .

Regarding your primary issue with emails , please try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
polybend

Sorry your name isn't showing. Anyway thanks alot for your reply. I now seem to have my emails back and tried the battery restart but no joy. I click on the address book icon and it locks everything, and can only release it by tapping the power button or the blackberry simbol. I can't remember what I did prior to it happening 

Regard Den

Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

Its good to know your issues with emails has been resolved ! 

Regarding address book , have you recently installed any new theme or wallpaper or anything ? If you have then delete that particular application from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete any such 3rd party app which you think might be responsible .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
polybend

Hi folks 

Strange thing, I just picked up the mobile after about one hour and hit the contacts button and I got addresses from a to d and the. Button doesn't lock now 

Elite II
prince2012

Hi polybend ,

Well .. you had not replied to my previous question , Have you installed any apps or anything before this problem started ?