Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

mute key not working cant revive bold once in standby

my brand new bold goes into standby  mode ie press the mute key but then you can not get it out the matter what you press unless you take out the battery.  If i use key lock instead it works fine, i think the mute key is broken anyone else with this issue before i have to exchange it and go through the hassle of downloading and transferring everying on it?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: mute key not working can't revive bold once in standby

Hi and welcome to the forums,

As it is a New phone,I would return it, you could very well have a hardware problem.

If you use the desktop software, Switch device wizard can transfer your data directly to the new phone.

Here is the procedure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05459&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: mute key not working cant revive bold once in standby

I have had my new U.S. Bold for about a week now, and the mute key on mine is working fine, so far anyway.  It is a little tough to click once in a while (I need to get my finger at the right angle and actually press it enough to click), but as I get used to it it seems to be getting easier and easier.  I can press any key on the front of the Bold and it shows the home page but if I try to do anything it prompts me to hit the mute key again to get out of standby.  I do so, and can then work it again.  This last part seems to be intentional, and actually seems a good idea in that I can hit a key if the phone rings and see who is calling, even if I don't take it out of standby (As I type this I realize it may come out of standby automatically if the phone rings, so I'll check that one out).

It sounds like your phone isn't working correctly, so maybe you should return it; but if you do, have them try it in case it is something you are doing wrong and are not aware of.

Good luck.

New Contributor

resolved got new phone
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Good deal!

Please resolve the thread, OK?

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-22-2008 04:01 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Where is Curve 8900' mute key. Phone goes into standbye mode & I cannot. Find mute key
My Device: Bold 9700

Same problem here.  The mute key works for all other functions ie. mute, music play/pause.  However, it doesn't allow me to go into or come out of stand-by.   I recently updated my BB as per desktop managers request.