Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chiwala
My Device: BOLD 9900

my BOLD 9900 switches off after a few minutes of turning it on

I got this latest blackberry with the hope of enjoying the best of phone tech. Its been behaving well for 2 weeks and then it suddenly changed. It started switching itself off if I'm not playing music, videos or if I haven't connected it to ma PC. Its really making me angry for wasting money on this phone that I can't use freely. The problem with playing the media is that it results in fast battery drainage. I wiped the device software and installed software (info below):
smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
7.0 Bundle 2406 (v7.0.0.585, Platform 5.0.0.734). But the problem still persists!!! :smileysad:. What should I do to bring ma fone to normal?
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: my BOLD 9900 switches off after a few minutes of turning it on

Hey chiwala,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely help you out. 

I would suggest performing a reload of the software by force detection, follow the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Petandrest
My Device: Bold 9930

I know this response is already late... But I've got a temporary solution to your blackberry issue.. Mine stated tripping off too after using it for 2 weeks.. 

All you gotta do is.. "ONCE YOU REMOVE THE BATTERY AND REPLACE.. WAIT TILL IT BOOTS TO THE HOMEPAGE. AND IMMEIATELY TURN ON THE WIFI"..  That way, It wont go off anymore. I think it's an issue with all bold 9900 and 9930 generally. Sometime must be working for it not to go off..  either you keep playing videos or just playing games.. LOL.. but for real.. Just "Turn on your wifi forever".. And it wont trip off anymore.. Smiles..  I HATE my wifi is always on anywhere i go... Hope it helps.. 

New Contributor
frangos
My Device: blackberry 9900

true say. that works and i figured it out as well. do we know whats causing that so i can try replace it before i bin it?

also even if u hav a brand new battery cz of that problem it drains very quick. so i have to do summin about it

New Contributor
critic_you
My Device: 9900

Hi, i got the same issue with a Bold9900, constant reboots, battery full charged, sometimes it will stay on if the usb cable is connected, sometimes it will not reboot until you pull the battery, however lately the wifi FIX doesnt help either!!

ANY HELP FROM BLACKBERRY SUPPORT WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED FOR SUCH EXPENSIVE DEVICES

New Contributor
craigwilk7907
My Device: 9800 Torch

I know this is an older post but has anyone found a permanent fix for this problem?