Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sammybillz
My Device: bold 9650

my bb bold 9650 keeps restarting when ever mobile network is turned on

i noticed my bb restarts often,when it boots then i switch on the mobile network,and it want to change to edge,i notice it restarts and so on it goes on just like that.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: my bb bold 9650 keeps restarting when ever mobile network is turned on

The very first thing to do is a battery pull.  There's something in your phone that's telling it to reboot and maybe we can clear that with a battery pull.  So, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  If that solves the problem, you're welcome.  If not, read on.

The next step is to reload the OS to your phone.  Like I said, something in your phone is telling it to constantly reboot.  That's not a normal function of your OS so if your reload the OS, you'll give your phone a fresh start.  To reload your OS, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has connected, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose a recent restore point and load it.  If you don't have any restore points, click Device then Update.  When the box pops up, you can either pick an OS upgrade (if one is offered) or you can click View Other Versions and click the one with Currently Installed beside it.

Let us know if those two suggestions help you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammybillz
My Device: bold 9650

Re: my bb bold 9650 keeps restarting when ever mobile network is turned on

thank you very much,i really appreciate yoour effort and replies..but i did try the battery pull many times,it will behave as if it woud work.when i want to receive a ping or a text message,it will jst reboot..

i have done a security wipe but the same thing keeps happening over and over again..please help me ooooooo:Sleep1:

Please use plain text.