Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
miomar
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: mtn

my blackberry keep rebooting

i update some application in my blackberry bold 4 and since that it keep rebooting , how i can fix it

regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rasikac
My Device: BB8520
My Carrier: Dialog axiata

Re: my blackberry keep rebooting

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. When the red light-emitting diode (LED) light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the BlackBerry smartphone is loading. (For the BlackBerry® Storm™ 2, as the Escape key is part of the Touch screen, clicking on the screen is not possible. Until you see the BlackBerry screen with the loading bar, that is when you press and hold the Escape key.)
  3. When the dialog box appears, click OK.

Note: Safe mode is indicated by a safe mode indicator in the BlackBerry smartphone status section of the Home screen.

To turn off safe mode, remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone batte

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
miomar
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: mtn

it didnt work
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1
My Device: BB9800
My Carrier: at&t

When I got this phone I tried every thing and I am on this topic and I mean I tried every thing known to any master and wizard accept trash it...but here is the ticker...I did a run through on making sure all the desktop software and OS is installed then I went to the pc click on the start button go to computer and then local disk C: files go to common files...then go to Research in motion...click app loader and your to not have the phone plugged in yet...when the app opens click next you should see com1...as soon as you plug in your phone...very quickly click the next button...before that click very quickly you should see device: unknown with no numbers or any thing but UNKNOWN..then click very fast...I tried this on my torch 9800...well in the next box that comes up you have boxes to select from...the very first to boxes I click on them and viewed the detail on them and it showed: NO MODULES DETECTED...!!! This is what I think is the problem for the rebooting...because the modules are not present fo the OS to run with...This is what I noticed in my trouble shooting...I hope now the next solution would be HOW TO INSTALL THE MODULES...DO WE TAKE THE PHONE IN FOR REPAIR SHOP OR TRY TO INSTALL THE MODULES??? THIS IS INFORMATION FOR THIS PROBLEM...SO IF YOUR PLAYING AROUND WITH APPS LIKE FB...AND WHAT NOT YOU ARE IN THE RED...PLATFORM FROM WEB SOURCES MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PHONES OR TYPE...OFF AND ON...OFF AND ON...NO PHONE ACTION, NO START UP...CONNECTS TO PC THEN DISCONNECTS OVER AND OVER AND OVER...MY THOUGHTS AND SEARCH LEAD ME TO THE MODULES...
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1

i TIRED TO LOCK IT DOWN OR SUSSPEND A WINDOW TO GET IN BY DOING THIS:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE os AND DESKTOP SOFTWARE INSTALLED.

GO TO PC...START BUTTON

GO TO COMPUTER CLICK ON LOCAL DISK c:

GO TO PROGRAM FILES AND THEN COMMON FILES

CLICK ON RESEARCH IN MOTION

CLICK ON APP LOADER

DON'T PLUG IN PHONE YET...OPEN THE APP CLICK NEXT TO SEE A FEILD BOX SAYING COM1...IF YOU SEE THIS, PLUG IN THE PHONE NOW AND WHEN YOU SEE THE WORDS DEVICE: UNKOWN SOME THING LIKE THIS...CLICK THE NEXT BUTTON SUPER FAST...TRYING TO CATCH THE WINDOW OF OPERTUNITY AT THIS POINT...IF SEE ANY THING OTHER THEN THE UNKOWN WORDS I STATED THEN MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE A MODULE PROBLEM LIKE ME. IF YOU PROCEED TO NEXT AREA YOU WILL SEE A POPUP APPEAR WITH A BUNCH OF BOXES TO SELECT...WELL, JUST HILITE THE FIRST BOX AND SECOND AND BELOW LOOK FOR THE DETAILS SECTION TO VIEW THE DETAILS ON THE os AND SOFTWARE...IF YOU SEE NOT DETECTED YOU GOT ISSUES AND NEED THE MODULES TO RUN THE OS AND PHONE...THIS IS WHAT I SEEN IN MY TROUBLE SHOOTING WHICH TOOK ME 2 HOURS OF SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS...I WOULD NOT KNOW WHERE TO GET THE MODULES AND HOW TO PUT THEM IN, BUT THIS IS A  START...

tHANKS FOR YOUR TIME!:Boat:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
George_Smith
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

The BB Bolds are defective and are spontaneously self-destructing. It happened to mine (less than 3 months old) this morning. When left charging overnight they spontaneously go into an endless reboot cycle and cannot be recovered.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-BlackBerry-Bold-units-just-wont-wake-up-in-the-morning-RIM-confi... 

A quick look at this forum should convince you how serious and widespread problem this is.

I contacted RIM contacted RIM directly to inquire as to when or if they will have a fix. In return, I received an evasive, generic non-reply that completely failed to address my question and the relevant issue.

I also tried the procedures for restoring "bricked" or "nuked" phones, but they didn't work because the problem is with the phone itself.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1

[ Edited ]

So in other words...get a different phone? **bleep**...that is lame only had mine 2 weeks...I was told by local at&t store customer service, nothing we can do go home and down load this and that...lol good thing I can listen...lol...so the phone is pretty much trash huh? If some one repsonds yes...it is in the trash can...2 weeks of my hard earned money and I paid for a lemon...u know before it did this it was trying stay up but went white, flickering, then started rebooting...NO...NO...LIL BERRY NO!! DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT...LOL **bleep** it!! owell what can you do huh...nothing but get another one. I am out of my area of expertise, I am more into virus and software...PC recovery, if you lost your admin password and can't get in...things like that. This phone kicked my **bleep**...

I wonder what casued the internal failure...some thing triggered it to start taking out modules...every module from what I seen is from an app that is on the phone or downloaded...funny I did not download any thing new. What was on there was on there...maybe i got sold a reusable one...it looked new! must have a weak platform...and seems to result from application inspection...In a hurry to make money and not investigating the apps and the stress it would have on the phone...My first option from the net was to take out battery and put it back in...5 mins...That made it worse come to think of it...even the back door app loader shows a 2 faded boxes of the main software that is needed to run the phone...and when you branch out on the first 2 it shows mutiple MODULES NOT DETECTED...

So please tell me...Is the phone gettin a coffin tomarrow? I need to make funeral arrangements if so. lol To bad, it was such a nice looking phone...

Actually I just recalled that my blackberry in the app loader showed the pin...so it should have showed unknown...so...the pin is stuck and this could be my prob for not being able to start up fresh...erk!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1

Re: I checked this morning

I looked at the phone this morning and it is I think not charging as well...So, what should one do? Toss it in the trash or give it back to the store...I don't plan on keeping it...I tried a new battery and this did nothing...still off and on...off and on...and so on...What to do...hmmm.:Excl: Mine is a bb torch 9800.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pbw58
My Device: Blackberry Playbook OS2
My Carrier: Virgin

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the other night I plugged my bold 9000 into the wall adapter and the following morning I noticed that it was constantly rebooting it self. I took ou the battery and charged it seperately then put it back in the phone and got the same problem, and the battery would seem to drain quickly. I tried another battery and still got the same problem. I have another bold 9000 and tried the batteries in it and they and the other phone worked fine. I did notice that the rebooting phone was fairly warm. After googling and not coming up with a fix I took out the battery and put the phone in the fridge for a few hours and charged the battery separately. This time when I put the battery back in the phone the rebooting problem had disappeared. Now the phone seems to work fine. Whether this is just a temporary fix I don't know. But I never had the rebooting problem before and so far, a few hours only, everything seems to be back to normal. Can anyone explain thks to me and tell me if it is a permanent solution to the problem.  Thanks

Please use plain text.