12-04-2012 10:33 AM
12-04-2012 12:22 PM
12-04-2012 03:17 PM
Is the OS up to date on the device? If you have BB Desktop Software installed on your computer, connect it and have it check to see if there are any software updates. If there aren't then you may need to do a clean OS reload:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (only after doing a complete backup) then, after you get the error 507 (no OS installed), proceed to next step.
6. Plug in the BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
7. When you're done, restore the backup file you made in step 2.