Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

my blackcerry bold 9780 rings but I can't answer the call

When I have a call the caller ID is not visible its jst d normal home screen nd it keeps ringing .....the it will show ( uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_phone_app(149) is not responding process terminated)

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: my blackcerry bold 9780 rings but I can't answer the call

Have you tried rebooting the device by removing the battery while the device is powered on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes!! Several times
New Contributor

Yes several times
Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Is the OS up to date on the device?  If you have BB Desktop Software installed on your computer, connect it and have it check to see if there are any software updates.  If there aren't then you may need to do a clean OS reload:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (only after doing a complete backup) then, after you get the error 507 (no OS installed), proceed to next step.

6. Plug in the BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

7.  When you're done, restore the backup file you made in step 2. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Ok thanks I'll try it ...if its the solution I'll let u know