Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
compacto888
My Device: bold 9790
Accepted Solution

my bold 9790 won't start

out of a sudden..my bold 9790 switch itself off...then when i tried to switch it on again, it won't start..i've tried charging the battery and few attempts to switch it on by pressing the power button, it just would not start...then i tried to connect it to my Pc usinf blackberry desktop, i would not detect..could anyone help me? any advice on how i can get it back to switch on?

New Contributor
Najiya
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Did you try removing the battery and inserting it back ag...

Did you try removing the battery and inserting it back again?

New Contributor
compacto888

Re: Did you try removing the battery and inserting it back ag...

yes i did that...but still i can't switch it on...when i tried to connect to the PC again...it says..the handset is rebooting or the battery is dead...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
compacto888

thank you very much for your help sdgardne..appreciated it so much..i have tried what you told me to do but still the same...however i've sent my BB today to an authorized Blackberry Service Center and after a brief checks, they told me that maybe the Software has crashed or maybe the Motherboard. if the software crashed then it would be a small problem but if the motherboard had crashed, then my pocket will be empty...by the way, still waiting for them to get back to me....cross my fingers...hope it won't be so bad...by the way...thanks a lot for your help...

miriamt1003
My Device: Bold 9790

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem with my BB 9790. The phone switches off by itself (even when the battery shows as fully charged) and then switches back on (on its own) and a few minutes later switches off - it keeps doing that. The only way it doesn't switch off is if its connected to a charger.

I don't know what to do!! Please help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

miriamt1003 wrote:

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem with my BB 9790. The phone switches off by itself (even when the battery shows as fully charged) and then switches back on (on its own) and a few minutes later switches off - it keeps doing that. The only way it doesn't switch off is if its connected to a charger.

I don't know what to do!! Please help!

Hello,

Please read this entire thread and try what is posted in message 4 above.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
shazelle
My Device: Blackberry 9790

I've tried every solution on this page and my blackberry 9790 is not working at all; i charged it for 2hours and it just heated up and cooled down and now nothing is happening at all; not even the red led light; help me please!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

shazelle wrote:

I've tried every solution on this page and my blackberry 9790 is not working at all; i charged it for 2hours and it just heated up and cooled down and now nothing is happening at all; not even the red led light; help me please!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You report that you tried everything, then say you only did 50% of the tests listed in the referenced post (4). Please try the other 50% of what that post recommends (the battery swap).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
bobbyjohnson
My Device: Blackberry bold 9790

I need help fixing my blackberry bold 9790 it loads flashes then comes up with a battery with a cross onit ?? its wierd