Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
quanitah786
My Device: bold 9900
Accepted Solution

my stollen blackberry can't be located because it was wiped

My friend stole my bold 9900 after only having it 4 a month . Not insured n on blackberry protect website it can't be located . It was sold so what can I do to get it back
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: my stollen blackberry can't be located because it was wiped

I don't know about getting it back but I'd get a new friend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quanitah786

How do locate its wherabouts ?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can't unless you had BB Protect installed and set up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quanitah786

It was
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Then log into www.BlackBerry.com/protect and locate it.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If the device has been wiped or Protect uninstalled then you won't be able to locate it regardless.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

... or if your "friend" has removed the SIM card and inserted their own SIM, then Protect will not connect and locate the device.

Report the loss to the police and call your mobile provider to have your SIM blocked, and ask them to blacklist the IMEI of your device as stolen.

See more here:; 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Thanks JSanders! Good advice.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raging_bulls
My Device: 9810

There are some apps on the BlackBerry AppWorld that allow you to protect you device. They work on GPS tracking and remote locking of your device. I downloaded one of them a couple of weeks back and I feel safe. Its easy to say that these apps out there make me feel more secure about my Blackberry. This one time I forgot my phone at my work place and I didn't want anyone to look into my mail box. I took out my iPhone and texted my BlackBerry the Lock code to lock the device. And since the device was completely locked, it was nearly impossible to a non techy person with no prior experience in BlackBerry to unlock it!! Haha. I guess there are some good developers out there who care :smileyhappy:

I am there!
Please use plain text.