Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

my trackpad not scrolling but works when pressed

My trackpad does not scroll but it works when pressed. It has been like this for about 4weeks.I have not dropped it or kept it near water.its just 2monthes old and I baby it so much.there is a tiny red light(I think its the infra-red)showing inside the trackpad so I think its not totally spoilt.since this problem started my phone takes too much time(about 10mins)to come up anytime I take out the battery.and most times the phone is slow in operating. It has worked twice during the 4weeks interval.the first time my battery was flat and I removed it from my phone then when I wanted to charge it came up at a normal time(1min)and was scrolling but stopped scrolling again in about 2mins while I was using it. The other time was wen my camera was not snapping and was giving me error message I removed the battery and put it back and it came up quickly and trackpad was scrolling. I noticed it was scrollin but I did not scroll it much after about 12mins I decided to check and it was still scrolling but when I continued to use it,it just stopped in about 1min.I'm really tired of the situation.what can I do
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: my trackpad not scrolling but works when pressed

I would contact Vodafone for a warranty replacement.
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!