Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Swisscom

name change isn't applied

I am going crazy. I changed my last name. I have a black berry 9900 as a business mobil... unfortunately I am the only one that has created a blackberry ID. Now in my work we changed my last name everywhere in the server... on my pc everything works fine.... but whenever I send an email from my blackberry mobil, the person that receives my email still receives it from my old last name (new email-adress is correct and shown correctly).. ... i have various collegues that got married... with their blackberry mobil everything works well; so it has to do with the blackberry ID. But I changed my last name there also... NEED help, because clients get confused...

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: name change isn't applied

I think you need to change your name in one more location, manually.  Go to the email setup. I believe the field you're looking for is "Display Name" or similar.  This doesn't have to be directly related to your email address or name -- but should be for business purposes.

Example:  JohnSmith@ blackberry.com could have a duisplay name of J. Smith, John Smith, or Smithy.  The display name is whatever you make it.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor

unfortunately still not... I changed it whereever possible...BUT I can't open the email setup... there comes an error and it says to contact the provider... but we called yet several times... they can not do anything and also told us that it has to do something with blackberry directly...

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Perhaps the display name is locked down by whomever controls the IT system at your company.
Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

unfortunately it says that I cannot create an account and again that I have to contact the provider... but the provider says they cannot do anything, because it is a business phone... but the person that controls our IT system also says that he changed everything, that he locked nothing and that there is nothing more that he can do and again that it has to do everything with a blackberry problem...

New Contributor

the person that controls the IT system says that he did not lock anything... it seems that nobody can help... it is unbelievable... Provider says that IT support has to do something, IT support says that he did everything like he did with my collegues who have the same phone and that it has to have to do with blackberry ID...

Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

connyd79 wrote:

the person that controls the IT system says that he did not lock anything... it seems that nobody can help... it is unbelievable... Provider says that IT support has to do something, IT support says that he did everything like he did with my collegues who have the same phone and that it has to have to do with blackberry ID...

Ah. You never said this was a BES enterprise account device.

Likewise, could you please explain your issue a bit more in detail, I might could help you or have some one look at this thread for you.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

well, Jsanders, thank you for your help, but tell me what kind of information you need...

if I send an E-Mail from my PC my name comes correctly as "New Last Name First Name / MK", but if I write an email from my mobil it shows up at "Old Last Name First Name / MK". Our responsible for IT says that he changed it everywhere in the server. And there are a lot of girls that got married last summer and changed their name too and have a blackberry in use. If they send an email from their blackberry everything works well. But they don't have a blackberry ID. Therefore our IT blames now the Blackberry ID... but there I changed all informations too and therefore I don't think that there is the problem. We work with an Microsoft Exchange server.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

most likely the person getting your email has not updated their contact of you, if IT did make all the changes correctly

IT cant enforce user contacts but they can control the sync from the Global Address List.

I made a mistake before and forgot to change the mailbox name but did change everything else.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V