Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: celcom

need help..cant turn on my bold 9780, only red led

guys, i cant turn on my 9780,  had a black screen and basically was off..only red LED  flashes. tried a few tips from this forum but it doesnt work..1. pulled off and reinserting the batt, 2. connect to pc but failed to detect the device,it says "windows unable to installed the driver"..then i tried to connect with desktop manager to update os, but error occurs when it try to connect with the device.3. then i decided to uninstalled bb desktop manager, after restart, i connect the usb again, the windows detected the hardware n successfully installed the driver..but i didnt reinstall the desktop manager yet. im afraid if i did a wrong step which might accidently loose all the media data..is it my os probs or i need to replace the batt? pls help..

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Re: need help. Can't turn on my bold 9780, only red led

First off, in order to hopefully backup your data you must install Blackberry Desktop. This should not in any way effect your phone in an adverse way. If you can get connected to the desktop software and back up your data you are home free and be rest assured that your data is at least secure.

As a more in-depth approach, take a look at the next set of instructions by Krypto to have a great step by step tutorial on getting your phone up and running again.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")