Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
TinaLou272
My Device: Blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

need help with email settings and bbm

since having got my blackberry phone back from repairs ive not been able to recieve any emails through or cant talk on bbm either. they could fix my original black but decided to replace it with a similar phone only this phone has a different bbm pin so i cant talk to any1 on that at the moment. ive since restored my phoneput everything back on only im not recieving any email or getting any bbm msgs???? what do i do?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: need help with email settings and bbm

First thing to do is to register your new phone on the network.  From your homescreen, go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table>Menu Key>Register Now.

As for your new BBM PIN, it will update itself in your contacts' lists automatically.  It might take a few hours to do so but you don't have to contact any of them to manually switch over to the new one.  As soon as you sign in with your BlackBerry ID and request to have the new phone associated with it, the new phone's PIN is automatically updated.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TinaLou272

hey thanks for that yeh i hope that has worked. after ive clicked on register now button how long does it take after that?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

It's instant.

Sorry, your phone is registered instantly and your service books are sent instantly.  Your BBM PIN might not update itself for a few hours.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TinaLou272

thanks again for your help :Balloon:

Please use plain text.