Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shreyansranka
My Device: Blackberry Bold 2
Accepted Solution

net_bb_rim_error - Please Please Help

[ Edited ]

My Bold 2 keeps getting different net_rim_bb errors like net_rim_bb_messaging_app and other such errors where it says the process is not responding and asks me to terminate it. Despite terminate one errors very soon many other errors like this show up. I haven't been able to solve this problem for over 5 hours now and I am unable to operate anything. Sometime my phone doesn't even connect if I try to call it. Other times I am able to answer and talk. Its like my phone is partially frozen since the missed calls, emails and other icons are the same for the last 5 hours but sometimes I am able to access a few applications However, I am completely unable to operate any of my apps and even open the other folders like email, call log, messages, etc. I have tried both soft and hard resets but have been completely unsuccessful.  Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks

Phone Details: Blackberry 9700 v5.0.0.680 (Bundle 1149, Platform 5.1.0.160)

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: net_bb_rim_error - Please Please Help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You said "hard reset", but I can't tell if you did exaclty this or not...Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Beyond that, you could attempt to boot up in safe mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

and remove the most recent thing(s) that you installed just before this behavior started.

After that, it's an OS reload to attempt...but we'll hold off on that for the moment.

Good luck!
Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
shreyansranka
My Device: Blackberry Bold 2

Hey thanks a lot, the hard reset was what I was doing but that didn't work. However, I ran it in safe mode and removed the two apps I had recently updated after which it started working well. Though, those two apps were facebook and score mobile, both of which I definitely need. Do you recommend that re-install them?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

One at a time...having removed them both, you have no way to know which one is the actual culprit.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code