Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Giff Gaff

new blackberry 9900 - should the box be sealed?

[ Edited ]

when you guys bought your blackberry 9900 or other models, was the box sealed?  my box isn't sealed and the screen protector is full of scratches and also the transparent sticker protector on the back is full of scratches..

i have bought it from a trusted online electronics retailer but i'm just concerned.  all phones i buy of other models boxes are sealed and the screen protector is absolute mint condition not even a speck of dust.

also there was no plastic bag for the phone, it was just sat bare in its slot.

thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: purchased a blackberry 9900 - shoud the box be sealed?

Hi killuminati

Every brand new BlackBerry Smartphone comes with a seal if we buy it from any Genuine Store any or our Carriers , as you bought it from an online store it will be better to get in touch with that retailer , to make sure that its not a used device . 

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

thanks for the reply.

i have raised the issue to them.

i have also googled and seen that boxes do contain a seal.

the one i bought is sim free, so i think it should be unlocked at factory and then sealed..

i'll see what they say.

Elite II

Hi killuminati

I wish and hope it is limited to just unlocking  ! Or else you have face some more issues ! But I hope you bought it from an Online store whom you trust and have done transaction with them previously :smileyhappy: 

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

hi

sim free means it can accept any sim right and that it doesn't need unlocking?  i think it would have been unlocked as soon as it's made in the factory.  i understand other handsets have to be taken out of the box to unlock as they are restricted to certain networks.

i have used the retailer before, didn't expect them to sell a phone without the box being sealed..

will see what they say.

Elite II

Hi killuminati

I know SIM free or an Unlocked device, but it depends on the Online retailer if it is factory unlocked or unlocked later on. As you bought it online from that retalier , now all your warranty relaled issues remains with them , if you encounter any issue do contact them for help .

Good luck and enjoy your new device :smileyhappy:

Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry doesn't sell factory unlocked devices, they are unlocked by someone who must open the device.

Anyway, your claim is against the online retail seller from which you purchased.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code