Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

new blackberry bold 9900 - Browsing Problems

Hi, got a new blackberry bold 9900 during Diwali. been having internet browsing issues from the beginning. Internet email / enterprise email services work fine BUT browsing fails saying "Unable to connect to Internet. If the problem persists check with your service provider" kind...since other services are working fine, it's not really an issue with internet connectivity? I tried everything I could - clear casche / Wipe / Factory reset (just to eliminate my company's security policy factor), but nothing helped. Only rebooting the device / switching mobile network Off & ON again lets me browse for a few 5-10mts, post which I run into the same issue. Is it device issue? Should I seek replacement? or is there something I can try before that? Thnx!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: new blackberry bold 9900 - Browsing Problems

Hi and welcome to the forums!

IT policies can be pushed to the device by the IT department because you removed one doesn't mean you are free and clear. It's my impression the IT works with the device OS and software options to enforce policy.

On my BIS account for example my vendor keeps sending me "junk apps".

You can delete them, it they will show up with the next fresh service books.

Verizon blocked my using the GPS unless I bought their navigation program.

Thanks,

BIfocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi...Thank U for the response...but it is highly unlikely that our enterprise security policy is the issue. 1- I know for sure that our policy doesn't restrict internet access, it worked fine for me till two months ago (when I was on my 8900) and it still work fine for everyone else in the enterprise. 2-post recent factory-reset by me, there is no corp security policy/enterprise services on my device. Just yesterday, I went to a blackberry support center in the city, they thought upgrading the OS on my device shud help...they upgraded, but when i came home back, put the SIM & verified, it added to my problems instead of solving it. Now, I am unable to set-up even my internet email. it says "Unable to connect with Blacknberry ID. please sign in now or try again later. Data services are required for BlackBerry ID and can be turned on in the mobile network settings". So, there is a serious problem for sure, what I am not too sure is whether it's the device or the service provider. Any thoughts based on my issues/experiences? Thank U!
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone AU

I have a similar problem. My browser freezes and just randomly jumps to one of my book marks even when Im on a website. I'm also with Vodafone.
New Contributor

Ok....but I dont see this as a Vodafone issue though...because everything works fine with the same SIM on my old blackberry device. currently, I sent my device back seeking replacement & using the old 8900, on which all services work fine. pl do let me know what you figure as the issue with your device, finally....thnx!