Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

sheriff111
My Device: bold 9700

no service currently available

hi i have got a blackberry bold 9700 and ever since i upgraded to os 6 official download from blackberry website i have been having problems calling and recieving calls, it says no service currently available. i have a strong signal so that aint the problem and also when i put my vodafone sim into another device it is working fine. however i have downgraded and still no use. i have contacted vodafone and they said they cannot do much about, i took it to my local mobile repair store and the guy their thought it was blocked but my BIS works (blackberry internet service) which means my phone is not blocked because i can chat with my friends on the blackberry messenger. this has become a big problem because i mainly use my blackberry for calling. please HELP if this has also happened to you and you have any ideas on what i should do to fix this please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

p.s I hav had this phone for a while and i cannot return it and get a new one:smileysad: 

Contributor
Desire_done_didit
My Device: Blackberry 9850 Torch

Re: no service currently available

My sister updated her OS with the latest update from her network then after a few days.. She can't call or text but BBM, email, etc is working 100%.
Whenever she tries to call, it says "No Service Currently Available"

Anyway, this is what i did to fix it.

I installed OS 6 on the PC

I wiped her BB using JL_Cmder after that you will see (White screen with Error 507)

I used my friends PC.
I didn't use mine because on my PC, my Desktop Manager is ver 6.1.0.35
(which with this version I wasn't able to update my BB 9000)
It didn't recognize the OS that I installed on my PC.

My friend has Desktop Manager version 6.0.something.
I think any version before 6.1 is okay because before I upgraded my Desktop Manager everything was working very well.

Went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
Deleted vendor file
Clicked on LOADER
At first it didn't recognize the BB. The PIN didn't show so I pulled the wire(or USB Cable or whatever you call it) and put it back in.
Then the PIN showed up.
Then just choose whatever you want to install or uninstall on your BB
(Like Languages, Games, BBM, some apps etc.)

After I did this I was able to send a text message, I was able to call with no more "No Service Currently Available" showing up!
I hope this helps