Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
NewBBconvert
My Device: 9000 Bold - OS v4.6.0.247

no sound when email comes in

I have an issue with my BB Bold, when I receive a email to my phone it does not alert me with a tone or vibrate. sms get a tone, phone calls play the right sound but not when getting an email.

I have checked the setting under the profile I am using and have just about turn on everything to tone+vibrate and still no sound when I get a email

Any suggestions would be great! 

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: no sound when email comes in

Which tune is set to play? If you change to another Tune does the same thing happen? Or how about testing changing to another profile like Loud?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
NewBBconvert

Have changed tunes a few times but I had not changed the profile before. I switched to loud and sent a test mail but once again I did not get any indecator that a new email was in.
New Contributor
azncrawler
My Device: Not Specified

When you're checking the setting, how many "Messages" type do you have?  Try changing all of them with the desire tone.

Also, make sure you have the In Holster and Out of Holster configured as well during your troubleshooting.

Does your LED even flashes red when you receive a message?

Contributor
svjones
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Sounds silly but I have to ask, is the volume on Mute or a number?

Profile > Advanced > Normal (or whatever one you're using) > Messages [your@e-mail.com] > Out of Holster Volume # / In Holster Volume #, not Mute.
Stephen Jones
Do un to others as you would have others do un to you.
New Contributor
NewBBconvert

OK have checked all the the setting for the profile and each setting has tone turned on and a volume level set, the sound I am using I am also using for sms so I know that works.

The red LED does not flash when a new email comes in, I have only one message icon on the home folder and both the accounts that are attached are external email address. I am not running BES for any of the accounts. 

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Did you also try creating anew profile and customizing the Messages category?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
NewBBconvert

[ Edited ]

OK so I have fixed the problem.

it came down to the fact I had restored my BB to factory and did not install the email account through the setup.

I deleted the email accounts via the web interface and reinstalled them and in the profiles advanced menu there was another messages icon with the email account in brackets behind it, I was then able to config those so I would get tone alerts when new mail was received.

thanks all for your suggestions, I hope I can repay the favor in the future

Cheers, 

Message Edited by NewBBconvert on 06-12-2009 10:22 PM
New Contributor
ben_127
My Device: Curve 8250

Brilliant - This worked perfectly :-)

Thanks!

Contributor
drob111
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

I am having this same problem.  I just started using my Blackberry Bold 9650 and I setup all my emails.  Yesterday I heard  the tone everytime the email came through.  Today I don't hear anything.  The red light does flash but no more sound alerts.  I have it set on loud  with a specific tone.  I have no idea what happened.  Please help.