Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
thomper
My Device: Blackberry 9930 Bold

one contact list lost

After I ran the latest update on my 9930 phone.. I lost one of my contact lists.  I have three emails tied to the phone, and all three show up in emails and calendar.  When I go into the Contact Options and view Contact Lists, the main one no longer appears.  How can I get that one back?  I have tried everything and it was there before the update.

Thanks!

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: one contact list lost

[ Edited ]

Hello thomper and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone.

Did you backup your data prior to doing the update or recently? 

WAs this contact list associated to an email account? If so, does that email account appear in your Contacts>Menu>Options>Contact Lists?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
thomper
My Device: Blackberry 9930 Bold

Yes I did back it up and the contacts are still in the phone but I can no longer update them to my contact list associated with that email. 

I do not sync wirelessly but via BB Desktop.  Whenever I do an update it switches back to wireless synch so it won't allow me to do anything on the desk top either.  I usually just go into the contact list and then go to the accounts and unclick wireless synch,  but for some reason now only two of the email addresses are listed under contacts.  The email IS listed though under calendar, just not contact. Not sure how to correct...

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hey thomper,

Go to your email settings and locate the email account (that used to sync your Contacts) and check to ensure under Synchronization options, Contacts are still enabled.

If you don't want to sync wirelessly at all then under the 2 email accounts that appear on your Contact Lists, go into the Synchronization options and remove this feature.

When you go to do the wired sync, do you get any error in regards to the Contacts? If so, what is that error?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!