Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
jirizarry
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

onelinkpr.net changed mail servers to gmail and i can no loger use it on my bb9700

Up to few days ago I was able to send and receive emails on this account, then suddenly stops. I called onelinkpr (a cable tv company in Puerto Rico) and they told me they changed their email servers over to gmail hosted serves. Now I have no way to configure this account.

They now use imap.gmail.com as server but apparently rim has not have their new settings to configure the mail on the mail setup area. I have to enter user@onelinkpr.net but have to change the servers and ports to gmail hosted settings. I don't have a way to manually set this as always stops saying user or password not correct.

Please help
Please use plain text.
Visitor
JIOB
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: onelinkpr.net changed mail servers to gmail and i can no loger use it on my bb9700

Hello jirizarry,

I had exactly the same problem and this is how I solved it.

1) Go to "Setup"

2) Then "Setup Wizard"

3) Get into " Email Setup"

4) Pick if not selected already " I want to create or add an email address" and hit Next

5) The screen shows "After you click Next, the blackberry...bla..bla..bla..."  just hit "Next" 

6) At this point the bb9700 shows "Connecting to email settings" then it will show you the email accounts you have.

7) Here comes the trick, your User@onelinkpr.net account should be on red and invalid. Just delete the account...yes go ahead!! On the " Delete Confirmation" screen hit Yes.

8) Once deleted the bb takes you back to the "Email Accounts' screen. Hit " Add".

9) From the list of providers pick Gmail.

10 On the "Email Setup" screen delete the "@gmail.com" text and type your onelinkpr email user@onelinkpr.net then your password and hit next.

11) Your bb will process the info and soon you will have a screen telling "You have successfully added your account......" Hit Next.

12) Wait about a minute and you will see a "Activation Complete" message.  Dude...you are In!

Hope this will help you, let me know.

Take care

JIOB

Please use plain text.