Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
otto
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

opening attached wav files

I have an Ooma telephone system which emails a wav file to me of all voicemail received. I have been unable to find a way to open the attachement in my BB Bold. I can highlight the attachement and tell it to open, but then I get an "unable to open file type" error message. Is this something for which I need a third party software? If so, any suggestions which one?
New Contributor
tmichael

Re: opening attached wav files

I am having the same problems with .wav attachments w/a Panasonic phone system. I can open .wav files from a service I use - Call Wave??? Any help would be appreciated
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Otto and welcome to the forums!

This references the Cisco Unity, but the important part are the codecs used to generate the

.wav file. You can run this past your telecom guys:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15191&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Also if you are setup as a BES (corporate) phone, this may apply.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12919&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
otto

Thanks. This must be a version issue with my BES.
denjenkins

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with the Bold, but the 8310 seemed to work for the two weeks I had it. Blackberry Support looked at the Panasonic file and said it was unsupported. Panasonic Voicemail System tech support has people in their organization that get wav file attachments all the time with no problem. the files are generated with Panasonic TVA voicemail system.

Yesterday, it played a file i received giving me the errors of "The media being played is of an unsupported format" and also the Error Playing message. the next message would not play.

Message Edited by denjenkins on 11-25-2008 10:02 AM
Today I got some messages to play cliking on the attachment and choosing preview rather than download and play. i do not know how these are different because the file seems to play when choosing preview.  Hopefully, this will be helpful.
Message Edited by denjenkins on 11-25-2008 06:39 PM