Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
madelinep
My Device: Bold 9900

pairing with vehicle - cannot receive e-mails

I have a BB Bold 9900 that is able to pair with my vehicle. One of the features of the vehicle is that it can receive, display and read my e-mail messages to me while I am driving as long as I have the phone with me. Up until recently the system worked perfectly but then suddenly, I couldn't receive any e-mail messages on the vehicle. The dealership did a scan and says the issue is with the phone. I wiped out all of the information in my phone and then reloaded it all and for a few hours the e-mails transmitted to my vehicle as they used to but then by morning, I was back to square one and have not been able to receive any e-mails since. Oddly enough, text messages get through okay and the phone works through my vehicles audio system just fine. It's just the e-mails that are an issue. I even downgraded the updates on my phone to get back to the settings I had originally and it didn't work. I've contacted my service provider and RIM but no one can figure out how to get things up and running again. Any ideas?

Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900

Re: pairing with vehicle - cannot receive e-mails

does the email hit your phone ok ?
it arrives in the inbox but doesnt arrive in the cars inbox ??
New Contributor
madelinep

Yes, it pairs with the vehicle okay and the vehicle receives phone calls and text messages but does not receive the e-mails. The Blackberry receives all of the messages okay. What is strange is that it worked well for 7 months and then stopped abruptly. I wiped my phone clean and reloaded all of the information, and then unpaired and then re-paired it with my vehicle and the e-mails came through for a day and then they stopped again. I even worked with Rim to downgrade the updates so I would be back to where I was when I bought the vehicle but that didn't work either. 

Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900

That's strange. Sounds like a Bluetooth issue with the phone or the car. Sorry cant be more help
New Contributor
madelinep

I've checked all of the bluetooth connections and everything seems to be set up okay. I'm going to try to track down another BB Bold and see if it will connect - could be something fried out on my phone at some point. Thanks anyway.