Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sazzles
My Device: bold, 9790
My Carrier: o2

photo retrivel after water damage.

So thursday evening i placed my phone on the dining table only to relise i put it screen down in a puddle of blackcurrent juice, i pick it up shuck it of  and removed the battery then turned it back on and didnt think much of it as it wasnt really wet.it turned on fine,  then a few hours later it was totally dead. when trying to turn back on the red light jus flashes. i put it in the airing cuboard overnight with battery out 24 hours later i tried to turn it but nothing, i returned it back to airing cupboard. i'v even  put on to charge but again nothing. then yesterday evening(saturday) i tried to turn it on and the light just flashes, i plugged it into the computer to try and reieve any data and the computer beeps to say its detected a device but wont connect fully, the phone showed abit of life, it came up showing it was on charge and even try to load but only managed to load say 1/10th beforeing turnin off and the red light flashing.Today its doing the same however the scroller is lighting up, its red though so i think it may just be a reflection of the red light at the top.

the phone is now in a bowl of dry rice and has been since saturday 3pm(except wen i tried to turn it on)

I 'm now worried i probably frazzled it by plugging it in, but what i'd really like to know is if there is any way at all of retrieving the photos stored on the phone memory? my partner has a blackberry would i not be able to link  them, or even would a phone shop not have better software that could detect any data. finnaly would blackberry protect have any photos or data saved to it.

i'm really really at a lose end and any help/suggestions would be really appriciated.

xxx

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: photo retrivel after water damage.

Hi sazzles,

Welcome to the BB Community...

Seems that there has been some issue with either the battery of the phone or the phone itself...have u tried starting ur BB with a battery of some BB phone...???if not, atfirst try it...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sazzles

hello :smileyhappy:

yes i have tried that and it doesnt seem to make a difference, it still just flashes red at the top. xx

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik

Hi,

See, as far as i know, there is no way to retrieve data from the phone memory untill the BB starts...yes, i think if u take the BB to a BB Service Center, they may open the BB and get the phone memory and then may retrive the data...

i saw that u have tried recharging the mobile too...wud suggest u to plug in the charger and keep it that way for few hours...sometimes, if the battery drains out fully(for whatsoever reason), it may take hours to start...just give it a try too...

Good Luck...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik

Hi,

If the above method doesnt work,please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

Step 1 - With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
Step 2 - Leave it alone for 2 hours
Step 3  - Remove the battery
Step 4 - Wait 15 minutes
Step 6 - Insert the battery
Step 7 - Wait another 2 hours

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

with regards
simply abhik...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
expert
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: tesco

i would just take the battery out and jut leave it in the rice with the rest of the phone once it is all dry it sould work if not ther is something else wrong!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It's also possible that it shorted out the battery. I would see if you can find another battery to try in the device after you dry it out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sazzles

thank you,

i will keep it in the rice tonight and try all the suggestions tomorrow, when i'm feeling alittle more confident that it should be dry. And let you all know how it goes.

many thanks ,sazzles

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sazzles

hello again,

after the dry rice method its not switching on,  so i'm trying to nxt method.

we're 2hrs 15min into it and after it originally showing a picture of it charging then trying to load it is now showing a picture of a empty battery and a red cross through it. what does this men?  

hope is nearly lost!!

kind regards. xxx

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Normally that means that battery is fully drained out...In ur case, i would say that it seems ur BB is ok...issue is with ur battery...

Now try starting ur BB with a fully charged battery of some other BB of the same model...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please use plain text.