Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
starfire2003
My Device: Bold 9700

photos are gone

I have a 3yr old bold 9700. Recently I went to look at my photos that were saved on my mini sd card that came with the phone but the photos are gone. Photos from the first year of my daughters life. What a reminder to back up my phone!!! Which I hadn't done. Now when I stop charging my phone, I get the msg something like 'phone cannot read sd card. do you want to format it now?' I was told my photos were 100% gone if I say yes so i have said no every time so far.

Can anyone help? I am so sad that all my photos might be gone forever.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: photos are gone

Perhaps they can be retrieved.

• FIRST, remove the media card from your BlackBerry and get an adapter so that the card may be read on your PC.
  • Download to your PC the free software Zero Assumption Recovery
  • Use ZAR to scan your media card and recover any images which are retrievable.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Thanks jsanders, I will make a note of that program.  You can also try recurva:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Free, no restrictions

My Device: Bold 9700

Thank you so much!!! I got most of my photos. There are some that you can see part of the photo and some that say the file is corrupted. I assume I can not recover these ones? Also, what about my media card? Can I still use it or do I need to get a new one?? Do you know why this happened or how I can prevent it from happening again? Of course I need to back up my phone more often, but anything else?

Sorry, another question-after my card 'died' I started saving to my phone. How can I print these photos, or move them to my pc or a media card?

Again, thank you sooo much!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're very welcome.

starfire2003 wrote:
Thank you so much!!! I got most of my photos. There are some that you can see part of the photo and some that say the file is corrupted. I assume I can not recover these ones? Also, what about my media card? Can I still use it or do I need to get a new one?? Do you know why this happened or how I can prevent it from happening again? Of course I need to back up my phone more often, but anything else?

If you've not saved those savable images to your PC, you can reformat your Media Card. With it in your Blackberry, go to Options > Memory and to the Media Card. Press the Menu key > Format and this will reformat your card and hopefully fix any errors on the card. Make sure there is nothing remaining on the card which you wish to save.

Backing up OR syncing your MEDIA CARD from time to time is the ONLY thing you can do to stay safe.

How to manually transfer files between a BlackBerry smartphone and a Windows computer

My question, which application did you use to recover your pictures from your media card?

starfire2003 wrote:
Sorry, another question-after my card 'died' I started saving to my phone. How can I print these photos, or move them to my pc or a media card?

You need to sync those images to your PC, as well.

After you've reformatted the media card:  Transfer files between the media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.