Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shelby44
My Device: need help for the bold which I am no longer using, have curve

please help me get these photos off the phone

my company switched from AT&T to verizon. had a ton of photos on my AT&T Bold.  When I connected the old phone to laptop (pc) the photos only come up as BBThumbs.Dat.  When I view them on the phone they are somehow saved under "Device Memory" and then a subfolder under my first name.  How can I transfer these photos to my laptop?  THANK YOU in advance. This phone no longer has any service which is why I cannot e-mail them to myself.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: please help me get these photos off the phone

Hi there,

Try plugging your device in and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software. You should be able to copy them from there. Alternately, you should also be able to plug your device in, enable mass storage mode (you may be prompted for your device password on your Bold) and then you should simply be able to copy them using Windows Explorer. Just open Windows Explorer and go to BlackBerry > Pictures. Your pictures should all be there.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
shelby44
My Device: need help for the bold which I am no longer using, have curve

thanks-- the pictures are there, but I can't open them.  it says BBThumbs.DAT and my computer will not allow me to open this file.  Mass Storage is ON.  I tried in the BB Desktop.  UG!  Any other ideas?  they are IN an actual folder- but that subfolder does NOT come up on desktop or pc when I connect. 

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The BBThumbs.dat file just contains the thumbnails for the images, not the actual images, so that won't work. But you mention that the images are in a subfolder. How about moving then to the main pictures folder on the device? That should make them accessible.

The other alternative is to transfer them one by one using a Bluetooth transfer from your old phone to your new one. Simply pair the two devices, allow them to connect, then go to the pictures, highlight the first, press the BB Menu button and select the option to send them via Bluetooth. It won't be the fastest method, but its better than nothing!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!