Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
raviasr7
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

please help me

Dear All,

i have blackberry bold 9000 (entel pcs) mobile, m not able to connect it to bbm.

bbm is not working with vodafone as service provider.

please help me.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: please help me

Hi raviarr7

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you call your service provider Vodafone to activate BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account . Also what is  9000 ( entel pcs ) ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raviasr7

i bought this phone from u.s so its came with ENTEL package, ENTEL is service provider.

vodafone service is already active as per their servers but my cell is showing edge not EDGE.

so vodafone said that its error in phone, our servers are ok.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi raviasr7

Are you sure that phone is an Unlocked one ? You have to contact your Carrier Vodafone to know the real issue that  why they are unable to activate BIS on that device, But have noticed that some device brought from US don't work with Indian Carrier , So please call Vodafone to know about tis issue . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raviasr7

ya the phone is unlocked, vodafone keep telling me that its not possible to activate bbm in ur phone as some fault in mobile, bb service center telling me that u bought it from us so we cant do anything...

if the phone is not unlocked then what to do? how to check whether it is unlocked or not?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

raviasr7 wrote:

if the phone is not unlocked then what to do? how to check whether it is unlocked or not?

Hi raviasr7

Check this Article to know if your device is Unlocked or not  Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes .

But still it will depend on your Carrier if they support that device on there network or not .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raviasr7

my device is unlcoked but still vodafone is saying no ... now what to do... i want to activate bbm service anyhow.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi raviasr7

Every Carrier have there own Network frequency , it may be possible that the device you brought may not work on vodafone newtork. In india many Carrier provide BIS even on a  pre paid SIM , if Vodafone is unable to add that device on there network then you can try any other Carrier and see if that device works on there network.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raviasr7

all other services are working properly, only BBM plan is not activating as my phone shows edge logo, not EDGE and unable to process host routing services might be.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

raviasr7 wrote:

all other services are working properly, only BBM plan is not activating as my phone shows edge logo, not EDGE and unable to process host routing services might be.

Hi raviasr7

What other Services are working ? Are you able to use Email services.Data Services and Call level services are different . From where you brought that device.

Please use plain text.