Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Nour_kaoud
My Device: Bold 9790
Accepted Solution

please help

I need to know how to get my old software back because I downloaded the new one (v 7.1.0) but I found that the blackberry messenger doesn't have the voice chat feature and also there is no update to get it so I need to get back my old software 
Please Help Me

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: please help

Hi Nour_kaound

Where are you located ? 

And also Device OS and BlackBerry Messenger are two different things, To use Voice call over wifi you need BBM7 , if your country is in supported country list you can install BBM7 and enjoy this feature , So you don't need to Downgrade your Device OS to any lower version.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
Nour_kaoud

really?! so no relation betwen software upgrade and bbm voice chat?!
I'm located in Qatar and i couldn't install bbm7 also it is not found in the app world but when i get it it said the it is not available for this device although I installed it a month ago and was using it!! only after the update of software it became unavailable so what should i do?! my device is 9790 bold
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Nour_kaoud

Yes no Relation ! 

Currently I see Qatar is not on Supported country where BBM7 is available , and that's the reason you are not getting it on BlackBerry World  the ver 7 of BBM. However you can download BBM6.2 on your device, to download that from your BlackBerry browser browse or Click here http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6 to download BBM6.2 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
Nour_kaoud

So if I'm located in Egypt?! Will it work?! because i remember installing it in egypt
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Nour_kaoud

In order to use BBM7 you need to have that on your device, Currently on your country its not available but I can't say if you will be unable to download the same on any other country.

Good luck . 

Contributor
Nour_kaoud

Ok thanks for ur cooperation :smileyhappy:
Elite II
prince2012

Hey Nour

You are welcome .. Let us know if it works :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Nour_kaoud

I'll try to download it in egypt and see
Contributor
Nour_kaoud

Excuse me please i'm now in egypt and it is from supporting countries for bbm voice but still can't download it because it says that it is not available for this device!!! So how can i resolve this problem