Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
einjelsky
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

pleasseee hellpppp!!!!!

Please help me resolve my problem with my blackberry curve 9300. It keeps on rebooting everytime I used its applications. Sometimes thrice a day it reboots. What should I do? L

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: pleasseee hellpppp!!!!!

Hi einjelsky

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

After launching which particular application you're having this reboot problem ?

Most often some bad 3rd party app can cause such issue , So If you recently installed any Unknown or any 3rd party application before this Problem started then delete that particular application ,  think carefully any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
einjelsky

Hello, I highly appreciate your response, I did what you taught me and surprised that all my themes were deleted but it's okay if it’s the only remedy. Ill monitor my phone if it will refrain from rebooting alone. Again thank you for paying attention to my problem. :smileyhappy:
Elite II
prince2012

Hi einjelsky

You are most welcome... I'm glad you figure it out ! Well done :smileyhappy:

Yes , In past alsowe had noticed many user having the same problem after installing few unknown theme on there BlackBerry .

Cheers !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
einjelsky

Hello. Good day. Just when I thought my problem was solved, but then last night it still reboots specially when im using 2 apps at a time. Im not good in comp.software so idk if it’s an internal problem or what.Any other remedy? Thank you.
Elite II
prince2012

einjelsky wrote:
Hello. Good day. Just when I thought my problem was solved, but then last night it still reboots specially when im using 2 apps at a time. Im not good in comp.software so idk if it’s an internal problem or what.Any other remedy? 

Oh Dear , sorry to hear that you're having the same problem again :smileysad: Can you please share while running which 2 applications you'e having this problem ?

let us know. 

Contributor
einjelsky

When im using my twitter and fb apps. sometimes when im browsing suddenly it reboots. i noticed that the rebooting of my phone starts when i installed the overdrive etc.where i can download books and mp3 books.
Elite II
prince2012

einjelsky,

Twitter and Facebbok for BlackBerry application are developed by BlackBerry itself and I don't think those two application can cause this rebooting issue .

But by  " overdrive " do you mean the media card or something else ?

If it is then remove the media card from your 9300 and check it again , if your device stop rebooting then first do a backup of your media card then format that card before inserting back .Inaddition can you check the Check the free memory at Options > Device > Device and Status > Free Momory = ? what is the numbers .

Contributor
einjelsky

Hello, again thank you for paying attention on my problem. I highly appreciate your concern. Regarding my problem I check my memory status at option>memory>application memory is 63.5mb and my media card memory is 803.8mb.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey einjelsky

Have you tried removing the media or memory card from your BlackBerry to check this result as I already advised ! Please try it and check again .

einjelsky wrote:
 Regarding my problem I check my memory status at option>memory>application memory is 63.5mb 

I would keep around 75 to 80 MB of free application memory by removing any unused application . How many applications you have downloaded or Installed in your BlackBerry ? 

If problem continuing then you should try an OS reload which will fix any software glitch within your BlackBerry If you want to try that then first do a complete backup of your device using desktop software , after doing a backup you can refer to this KB article to perform a OS reload :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After reload before restoring anything from your backup first check your device if previous issue ceases . If your device perform well then proceed with a selected restore , i;e . Don't restore everything from your backup , choose selected restore like your contact list , memo pad , calendar entries etc.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.