Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Aertsflm
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Mobistar

Re: problem regarding applications

Hi,

I'm nex to this forumand followed this conversation. I have the same issue since I upgraded to Twitter 4208 yesterday. I got a java script error during reboot ans since then the icon disappeared. Itried several reinstallations unfortunately without any success. Any help?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Aertsflm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Aertsflm wrote:

I'm nex to this forumand followed this conversation. I have the same issue since I upgraded to Twitter 4208 yesterday. I got a java script error during reboot ans since then the icon disappeared. Itried several reinstallations unfortunately without any success. Any help?

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your device and recieving a Java error !

Those errors are mostly related to any application that you had Installed on your device, On your Homescreen if you hold alt key and type lglg it will show you those event log, you have to scroll down to see this error and with which application it is related Deleting that application may fix this error. 

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

The error may be caused by twitter or in association with any 3rd party application , you can try those above steps to see if any other application is associated , removing that other application may resolve your issue .

If error persists or you're unable to locate the cause then the next step will be to reload the OS in a Clean manner . Sometime an application or such Java error can currupt the OS itself and in that situation you have no other way but have to reinstall the OS . 

To reload your device OS first do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then follow this Knowledge Base   :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After reload you can perform a selective restore from those backup , restore you contacts , calender entries , memos etc . After that you can Install a fresh copy of each application from BlackBerry world , but for a few days avoid installing any 3rd party application , you can install BlackBerry Native applications. If error cease then you can go for other . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aertsflm

Thanks for your clear help.

I could not consult the log anymore as the data of yesterday was already wiped. 

But I deleted the the last 2 3th party applications I added recently; did a full reboot and reinstalled twitter.

This did the trick:Punk: Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aertsflm

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Aertsflm

You're most welcome .. Glad to hear your issue with the error is resolved and you're able to use Twitter app again :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.