Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
zubairal
My Device: BlackBerry bold 9700

problem with the mail settings !??

Hello
I can't access to my email account management and the setup of email , iam not using the BlackBerry internet service and the BES , my BBM is off , also email icon is not on home screen ,it was exist on the home screen before with or with out the BES and BIS ,, although I can see my emails messages which I have them before in the messages folder , I know I have to activate my BBM service to start using the mail options ,But I want to know why I have this problem with the email settings although every thing else working fine with the internet ?!

Model inquiries :
BlackBerry® 9700
smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
6.0 Bundle 1879 (v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.6.0.124)
3G Bands 1,2,5,6
Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5
Branding Version: 1.0.88.664u
Contributor
zubairal

Re: problem with the mail settings !??

It says ( your device had a problem connecting to the server !!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

I'm a bit confused by your posts...are you saying that you have neither BIS nor BES, yet you wish to use the native email app of the BB? Sorry, but that's not possible...the native email app is part of BIS/BES services, requiring an adequate data plan for use.

As for the rest, each carrier has many different mixes of service plans...some with email and BBM only, but no social networking...some with social networking but no email...etc. There's no way for anyone but your mobile service provider to tell you exactly what services should or should not be working under the service plan that you are subscribed to.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
zubairal

Hi
Thank you 4 ur reply , basically my issue is that I miss email icon on the home screen and iam trying to access the email settings but I couldn't , the message came as this ( your device had a problem connecting to the server ) , iam doing this with out the BES or BIS , I just want to see email folder on the home screen as it was before .

Any ideas ?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I understand, thank you. But, as I said, if you do not have BIS or BES, then what you want is not possible.

I fear you do not understand the capabilities and requirements of your BB. Without BIS or BES, there would be no email folder at all...just the Messages App, with nothing inside of it (no messages in the list) since nearly all services that would place things into the Messages App would also require BIS or BES in order to function. So, again, I fear you do not understand the requirements of your BB...you must have either BIS or BES in order to use the BB Messages App for email.

Perhaps you did have BIS, but do not realize that to be the case. In which case I ask...is your email working, but just showing only in the Message App and not under an icon dedicated to only the email account? Is that what your issue is? If so, then you do have BIS (and perhaps BES), even though you think you do not. As such, you need to go into the Messages App, and dig through the options therein...there will be one that allows you to split out your email from the main Messages App, creating a separate icon on your Homescreen for just that email account.

Otherwise, please try to understand that, exactly as you are stating, what you want (and think you had before) is not possible...so something must be different than you think it to be (e.g., you DO perhaps have BIS).

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
zubairal

Hi ,
Before this time there was an email folder detected to my own mail account in the home screen , it was there with the BIS ,BES service or with out it , now I can't see that folder to only preview my emails , although I can see them on the messages folder! _ how come the mail folder dispeared and I can't log into the email setting , do I have to activate the BIS and BES in order to fix the issue or what ?
I hope its clear now
Regards
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

I have no way to know for certain, anything...I have only what you say here to guide me, and it remains quite confused. I have no idea if you had BIS or BES before, but I do know that to use the device native Messages App for email, you must have a BIS or BES account active on your BB. Please check here:

• Manage Connections > Services Status

What is the status for BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry EnterPrise Server? If either is connected in any way (e.g., "WiFi" or "Mobile Network"), then you have active those services, even though you continue to say that you don't.

On the other hand, if those both say "Not Connected", then you indeed do not now have BIS or BES functioning on your BB. But, you may or may not have a BIS or BES data plan from your carrier...I have no way to know. But please conduct the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you need to contact your mobile service provider for formal support and to find out if you have a proper data plan to enable the services you desire.

With hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire.

zubairal wrote:
how come the mail folder dispeared

I have no way to know. Perhaps your BIS plan expired. Perhaps you reloaded your OS and wiped out your configurations. I have no way to know what happened just before this problem started...only you can know that.

zubairal wrote:
do I have to activate the BIS and BES in order to fix the issue or what ?

As I have said, to use the native Messages app for email, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier, and that would be a BIS-plan (though, again, the specific services they activate can vary...you must talk to them).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
zubairal

How can I check this one ? ( Perhaps you reloaded your OS and wiped out your configurations ) ??!!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

How? Well, you would have done some things that reloaded your OS. Used Loader.EXE, used the Desktop Software, used BBSAK, used the Update website, used the on-device OS update process, etc. There are several methods, but I would hope that you certainly would remember having done so. It is not a trivial procedure.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
zubairal

Ok how do I re configur my mail setting in simple way - if u can advice

Thank u