Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
EvanK
My Device: Bold

problems after app error 200 - Desktop manager will not connect to Blackberry Bold

My Blackberry Bold went whitescreen with App Error 200 Reset about a week ago whilst travelling overseas - when it was only 3 weeks old.  I did an internet search and read up on the ways to fix this problem - i.e. connect to desktop manager (DM) then erase and reinstall all software.  I had Verion 4.7 of DM and it did not want to connect - so I downloaded the latest version 5 software.  Nothing that I've tried (including taking the battery out and reinstalling - as described in a number of forum posts) has allowed me to get DM connected to my Blackberry.  When I click on the connect (shows "none") area at the bottom left of the screen, it opens a window which shows a USB option with the pin of my Blackberry - clicking on this fails to cause a conection.

I've tried to proceed without DM showing the Bold as connected - the screen on the Bold shows that a connection is working (data transfer) then goes blank white - all up the software on my laptop chews around for about 90 minutes - then comes up with an error reprot saying that it failed to connect to the Blackberry.

I've phoned Vodafone Australia and their guys have failed to help me - they cannot undersatnd why it will not connect.  I'm about to return the device to the store where I bought it and ask them to fix/replace under guarantee.  Has anyone got any other ideas about how to get it to connect?

As an aside, when you phone Vodafone Australia they have some dreadful voice recognition software - which does not work very well at all - it really starts one off with bad feelings about their quality of support. Someone at RIM should give them a rocketing. On the positive side - after one gets though the voice recognition stuff, their satff seem prety professional - even if unable to help.

New Contributor
EvanK
My Device: Bold

Re: problems after app error 200 - Desktop manager will not connect to Blackberry Bold

The end of this story was that Vodafone gave me a new Blackberry