Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: problems reloading the firmware onto a wiped bold 9900

lordasbnew wrote:

i have so many packages installed for 9700, 8900 and 9900 it could be getting confused, but heres the update.

Hence step 2 in what I provided above...I always recommend that only one BBOS package be installed to the PC at the time you are attempting to work with a device in this manner.

lordasbnew wrote:

i had unlocked the handset before trying all this so could pick either o2 or orange for firmware images.

Irrelevant...the MEP locked condition of the device means nothing concerning your ability to use OS packages from different carriers. Only VENDOR.XML matters in this regard, nothing else.

lordasbnew wrote:

its installed that older one successfully, i will now try and move up the upgrades list.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordasbnew
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange uk

update, i have the latest firmware finally.

hit a problem now with not being able to add email to it.

keeps asking for activation, now we did and do have a bes at work which we used. i have tried to add it to this server before the 8th jan but without joy.

also just tried this http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/01/remove-blackberry-it-policy/ to clear the it policy, and checking the phone the list is clear.

ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordasbnew

i also checked with orange that i have bbm on my contact and its active.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordasbnew

just been following this post

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-os-apps-f35/crackutil-85617/

will see what happens next.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordasbnew

host routing table also empty so phone call to orange in morning...

strange but true thing is that i never had these issues with the wifes bb 9900 bold, which was my last phone, connected to the same bes, with the same user name and details, which i also unlocked and moved to orange from o2.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

With the jumbled reports you give, I cannot quite tell what you have and have not done. After any sort of WIPE or reload, its always good to do this.

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books (pre-BB10 devices only)

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If the HRT or Service Books don't populate, then you need to talk to your mobile service provider as both of those must be sent to your device from their network. And you need to make sure you get all of your BIS-level services working before you even try to activate for BES.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordasbnew

hi

just to give you an update, i am still waiting on orange.. ran sunday said they got my host request but still nothing working. back to orange again today.

andy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lordasbnew

just to close this off so if anyone else finds this and was in the same boat heres what the fix was.

we at work ran a bes server, the phone and 4 others were still on that server as been o2 units.

someone at orange found out that it was still listed as being on o2 for my pin / imei number. checking our bes i found this to be correct. tried to delete, and wipe the handset from the bes to no joy, did some poking about on the internet and on the blackberry support site but nothing worked. the handset could not be wiped as it was no longer on o2 linked like it use to be, and our server carried on reporting that my phone was on o2 to the master bes, and in tern to orange's bis.

short version was i have had to turn off the bes in house. this ment the unit stopped being reported as on o2, they orange support person told me the apn settings to program in and within 5 minutes i had the correct registation message and service books. within 30 minutes i had email.

i would like to thank the people who replied and helped. :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lordasb
My Device: Not Specified

having to reopen this one.

orange prove yet again to be useless in trying to help...

i have managed to get sign into nearly every email account i have but 1.

my works email (exchange 2013)

i have wiped the device 3 times so far in effort to get it connected.

make a new blackberry ID tonight over using my other one.

now i know all the details to add, i work in the IT at said school and have to setup everyones blackberry, samsung, htc, apple phone to get email. and the kids mostly have blackberry.!!

so lets start at the beginning

open email accounts, pick Add another email address.

enter username@thomasdeaconacademy.com + password

click continue

it sits porcessing for about a minute before failing. with your device had a problem connecting to the server.

retry - invalid email address of password ( i am currently signed into the webmail at present so no to that) contact TDA.com well **bleep** me mate thats me!!...

click ok

click i will provide these settings

pick outlook web access(exchange)

enter the outlook web access url https://webmail.thomasdeaconacademy.peterborough.sch.uk/owa (its on our school main website as a link) and i have typed it enough times to know it..

my internal domain\username

mailbox name ( right i have tried what i would normally type the email in full) plus just the front part before@ no difference - for this run thought i will use the full email as shown in my outlook web access control pannel.

still cant login

i then get the option to setup from a browser on a computer at http://blackberry.orange.co.uk/html?brand=orangeuk

i cant login. i knows i exist cause if i request a "forgotten password" i will get a blackberry message back with "you password is _______________" yes thats right nothing...

done that 4 times so far, orange support is well thats a blackberry issue you need to contact blackberry ( well shock horror you cant ring blackberry up for support, tried the twitter support thing got nothing back)

so tonight after wiping the handset again i have setup a new account at blackberry.orange.co.uk and tried login into this site using that. nothing wrong username and password.

do a forgottern password, again blank.

i need my works email synced so i have my contacts and phone numbers back, yes it was linked to the BES and will still have the AD settings which were needed for BES but that should not effect it now we are using BIS??

any ideas.

thanks

andy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lordasb
My Device: Not Specified

Hi did some googling http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Validate-Set-up-email-problems/td-p/432140/p... Found this and tried following these instructions same as above. In my last post. Doing it mind wiped out the other account I had, so it was working for changing emails. Really out of ideas now. Have tweeted bb help account and copied this page to them.
Please use plain text.