Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lulusmama
My Device: Not Specified

problems turning my BB Bold on

I am a new user (3 days). I have turned my Bold off at night, using the OFF button icon in the menu. In the morning, nothing works to turn my phone back on (including the red power button). I have had to reboot, by taking the battery out and putting it back in before my Blackberry will come back on.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: problems turning my BB Bold on

Try turning off the device with manage connection icon 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lulusmama

I guess I realized that there are various options for resting my Bold overnight. I'm just wondering what that OFF icon is for and if it is normal to have to reboot to get it to come back on when I use the icon. I just want to make sure that there's nothing wrong with my new BB Bold. Thanks....
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Do you mean the Red power button (hang up button)? Is that what you're hitting? Or are you using the Turn Power Off icon on the home screen?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lulusmama

I'm using the "Turn Power Off" icon on the menu board.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Hmmm. Either way should do the same thing. If you turn off/on with the power button, does it do the same thing?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lulusmama

I'm at work right now. I'll try that tonight and get back to you tomorrow while I'm watching the WA Dc festivities. Thanks...
Please use plain text.