Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Dacks
My Device: BB Bold 9780

"Deletion Pending" and lack of access to symbols

Hi - I've had a crippled BB for months. At one point I tried to upgrade to more recent versions of Facebook & Twitter, and the new versions didn't install. When I look at Options->Device->Application Management I see Twitter, FB are both indicated as "Deletion Pending". I have shut down and rebooted many times + removed the battery. Soon after I encountered this probem I was unable to access BB App World, which is now also marked Deletion Pending, as are "BB payment".

Plus - and I don't know if this is related - I can't even sign in to BB app world through my browser, my symbol page access seems to vary from app to app. Usually on the browser there is only one screen available when I press the "Sym" button, and this screen doesn't contain the "@" character, so I can't access anything that requires an email address. Any ideas?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: "Deletion Pending" and lack of access to symbols

to type the @ symbol, you do not need the symbols popup. You can simply use Alt-P.
and if you cannot do that for some reason, you can use any app (email, browser) to copy the @ sign, and paste it where it is required.

on the other hand, the "deletion pending" surprises me, is your device linked to a company account?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Dacks

thanks for the @ advice, yes my phone is linked to a company account

Guru I
Xandrex

contact your company IT staff, the pending deletion are somewhere on their BES servers. They will know how to finish those deletion.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Dacks

I work for a small company which doesn't run BES servers  - what else could the issue be?

Guru I
Xandrex

have you tried removing the battery without shutting down the phone ? Keep it without battery for 15 minutes, then insert the battery again.