Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kprell
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

"Failed due to SIM toolkit control" error

I'm not sure what this error message means but it stops me from being able to make any calls while making calls through my home wifi (which is the only way I can have phone service at my house).  I pulled the battery and it still happened, then I turned off the wifi and that seemed to work.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: "Failed due to SIM toolkit control" error

This is usually a sim card problem. Have you contacted T-Mobile? See if they can replace your sim card.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kprell

Yes, I contacted T-Mobile and have a new SIM card but that did not resolve the problem.  It's not a frequent issue, just a handful of times and is immediately resolved when I jump off the wifi.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kprell

I received the SIM toolkit error again a few minutes ago.  I turned off the wifi and was able to make a call no problem.  I'm not sure what is causing the error but it only happens while I'm using wifi to make a call and is resolved after I shut off the wifi.  I have never seen this error while making calls from the TMobile network.

This relates to my other issue of randomly rebooting....after I turned off the wifi, called my voice mail, and hung up...the phone rebooted.  I spoke with TMobile about this issue specifically and they indicated there are no other reports of this issue.  I find that hard to believe since it's very consistant and I'm on replacement phone #4. 

I would be willing to have blackberry install a logging utility to help troubleshot this issue...just need to find the right person to speak with. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

do you still have the issue now?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.