Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

"Invalid e-mail address or password" when trying to set up additional e-mail address on my Bold 9650

I have an exact issue with my Bold 9650. I have a yahoo account as part of the total 3 e-mails running on my BB smartphone, however when I tried several times to add one extra yahoo address to the list of e-mail addresses I have running on the phone I get a msg saying "Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact [my domain]". Please somebody heeelllppp...
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: "Invalid e-mail address or password" when trying to set up additional e-mail address on my Bold 9650

Hiya!

Well, going by that error message, the email and password dont match up in yahoo's server.

are you able to login to yahoo.com with that info?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: "Invalid e-mail address or password" when trying to set up additional e-mail address on my Bold 9650

Hi,
Definitely I login regularly on my PC with the same and exact info. My BB won't just add that one extra e-mail. I really hope to resolve this issue and add up this one extra e-mail address. Any help/ assistance would be appreciated,
Forums Veteran I

but it can add any other email?

so the issue would be with that one email then.

try and reset your email password on the website, it will re-sync your login credentials in your email server and may allow you to add it to your device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

I am having same issue. Just got my Bold 9900. I have already setup one gmail and one hotmail email account without any issues. But now when I am trying to add my personal gmail account (second gmail account) it's giving me error that "Invalid email or password". 

At this point I did two things, one I logged in the same account on laptop to ensure details were correct and then double checked what I have entered in mobile. Same details yet on laptop I was logged in while BB said wrong email or password.

How is this possible. I am new to BB and was expecting robust phone for emails and business side but so far I feel a little let down. I hope it's the only issue as I am stuck with this phone for 2 years :smileywink:

any help will be great. 

Forums Veteran I

Did you try what I suggested in my previous post about resetting the password?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

I found the solution on google. Searched for link to 'unlock gmail account' and on the page entered details of the gmail account that I was trying to setup. Once it got unlocked, I managed to add that gmail account in first attempt.

Thanks for your guiding anyway.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

This solution is awesome and should be shouted round the web! There are threads all over about this problem and this solved it in an instant. Thanks a mil!
My Device: blackberry
My Carrier: movistar