Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

"Scrub" the BOLD?

Seeking the best way to delete and clean my BOLD? Can not get contacts to sync and believe I have a corrupt contacts file in the BB. system

How do I scrub the data/disk clean? 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: "Scrub" the BOLD?

Do you want to wipe everything or just the Address Book?

If you want to wipe all of the data from the device just go into Options | Security Options | General Settings, display the menu and select Wipe Handheld.

However if you just want to wipe the Address Book do the following. First use the Backup and Restore in Desktop Manager to backup all of the data on your device. Afterwards go into Backup and Restore and hit Advanced. On the right hand side select the Address Book and hit the Clear button (if the Address Book is grayed out you have to first go into the Address Book, display the menu, and choose Options. Turn the Wireless Synchronization Off. Then you'll be able to perform the above steps). Afterwards you can use Backup and Restore to restore the data back onto your device.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: "Scrub" the BOLD?

What do I do if Address Book doesn;t show up at all in the Device Databases box in DM?