Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
adem_bey
My Device: bold 9900

Re: "Solution" dead red led black screen bold 9900

I agree with Chronos, but there isn't a solution so far,we're still waiting and waiting for some news about this bricking issue, but 1 month after the official press statement of Rim admitting this issue and working on a fix or software update there is still nothing to resolve this issue.no reaction,nothing. And the bricking problems (not nuked) related to the fact that our devices will brick after charge overnight with drained battery below 10 percent, are quite some time on google , like since begin september or so...so Chronos, i hope I am not wrong to tell you it's logical that this thread is ending abit off topic :smileywink: (due all the waiting and other houndred things we've tried to resolve this brick issue) but you're welcome to share also intel about this issue :smileywink: (i hear you thinking,nice try :smileywink: )
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adem_bey

additional information.

I got my volt meter on the battery, the battery is stated to be 3.7v and is currently 3.3v compared to my Dell Venue Pro which has a 3.7v battery and is currently at 70% charge but reading 3.95v. Battery dead?? Too dead to charge and would need to be forced a charge using a power supply? Is that why it does not turn on?

Also the battery has 4 points of conduct, the outer two i guess are for giving the phone power as they produce the 3.3v while to middle two are for charging.
On the Dell phone when plugged into the usb on the PC they are producing 0.15v meaning it is putting that amount of power into the battery.

The Bold however is flickering between 0.01 and 0.00 so broken power unit in the phone and no software fix?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
adem_bey

so...been there done that...
the battery contact I've subscribed for charging points only charge when the phone system is up and running, for example i experimented also with different setups between my bricks, like putting a battery from a bricked device into a working 9900 , and it charged normaly.before charging the battery was completely empty,so the charging overnight with drained battery below 10 % (main reason for bricking 9900's/9930's) did brick my phone but didn't even charge my battery. so i charged the battery from my bricked device with the help of a non bricked 9900 and it charged normal, used the battery for two days without letting the battery drain below 10 % (just in case)

so I guess we're still far from a solution I'm losing faith in RIM (first time in almost 10 years) and hope they'll take serious action to resolve this issue and providing the people with bricked devices with a fix .

I think we all can agree : developing and invent new technology demand a prize when competed between marketleaders, as long there is a competition between different brands on the market , there will be bugs and bricks.I hope bb10 can compensate a huge appology for my lost hope in RIM's customer service...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonda242
My Device: Bricked 9930, Blackberry Torch 9810

Adem I am greatful for all of your experiments in trying to figure this out at the expense of bricking two phones? I really hope RIM does get their act together soon this is unacceptable.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
hnpyhyz
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi guys,

I`ve just registered to share my experience on this BRICKING thing.

My 9900 died after an over-night charging, I mean, it was a solid brick, the red led just kept flashing on every attempt of booting, the ROM it was running was .474 and that day was the first day of my Xmas holiday, I have a flight to catch hence I just carried a DEAD phone with me through that whole day trip.

At night on the same day, I downloaded the newest(at that time) offical ROM which is .585, tried a few times and luckily, things worked out, my bricked 9900 was back to life. I was happy but much more exhausted, I synchronised all back-up from BB Protect immediately and went to bed thinking everything is fixed now.

When I woke up the next morning, a new problem came to me and hasn`t been solved since then. My revived 9900 just cannot connect to the 3G wireless network of my carrier, I tried my sim card on a Nokia E71 the signal strength was at PEAK.

I am downloading some older versions of ROM hoping this is just a software issue and could be solved by a stable version of ROM.

If anyone can suggest me some better advices, that would be much appreciated and truelly hop everyone who has been unlucky could catch his/her luck soon.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thett
My Device: Red 10

BB9900 users should feel lucky when your device has been fixed by recent ROM version.
My BB9860 died for 10 days without any hope to get back alive!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
AhmedAho
My Device: Bold 9900

HEy guys,

I am having the same problem and I downloaded the new "Software update", still no hope.

Is there a difference between that and the ROM update?

And for god's sake ARE THERE any solutions?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.